My Annoying Brother
FILM MARKETING ANALYST
Synopsis Doo-Sik gets paroled from prison thanks to his younger brother Doo-Young who was a promising judo athlete but got involved in an accident before the selection for the national team. Doo-Sik suddenly appears in front of Doo-Young and they begin to live together.
- Created marketing strategies and executed action plans to promote the film
- Developed a communication plan with media agencies including tv commercials, print, digital, and theatrical promotions
- Supervised and developed the film artwork with art designers for the promotional material
- Created direct social media campaigns for new releases of posters, and trailers, promotion events
- Responsible for proofing all written press releases, features, articles, and web contents
‘My annoying Brother’ is a comedy-drama film dealing with the family relationship between two different brothers, but the subject matter of this movie could be negative audience reaction because one of the main characters suddenly became loses his sight and another had a criminal record. To avoid a negative impression of this movie, we focused on the comedy, and humanity of the characters. Also, as the two main actors were popular with young women, our priority of the online marketing was to show the funny and casual relationship between them. As a result, the film topped the local box office and had more than one million viewers within four days of its release. The film reached 3 million viewers in mid-December.
Posters and Trailer
To emphasize funny and light tone and mood of this film, we shot a short film only for teaser trailer.
I wrote the storyboard of this video and supervised shooting and editing plan.
To deliver actors’ sincerity to audiences, they sang the ending theme song of this film.
I directed shooting plan, worked with video production team and distributed the song and MV on online.
To promote young women audiences, we held the fan event inviting over 500 people.
I rented the venue, wrote cue sheets for the event and managed the event.