FILM MARKETING ANALYST
Synopsis Sung-Chil, an ill-tempered, stubborn old men working at the supermarket, meets Geum-Nim, a flower shop owner. After meeting each other, Sung-Chil fall in love with her and begins to show changes for the better. However, numerous challenges await on the long road of love and happiness.
- Created marketing strategies and executed action plans to promote the film
- Developed a communication plan with media agencies including tv commercials, print, digital, and theatrical promotions
- Supervised and developed the film artwork with art designers for the promotional material
- Set up film screening events for public and invited audiences over 10,000
- Responsible for proofing all written press releases, features, articles, and web contents
‘Salut d’Amour’ is a warm, heartfelt movie that tells the story of a romantic relationship between an elderly couple. However, this film was difficult to market. The love story of an elderly couple was not an interesting subject to public and it was hard to explain the gist of the story to the audiences without giving way too much of the story because the movie had a twist. Although audiences’ satisfaction was high after watching this film, they had a very low preference for it before watching this film. To overcome these problems, we held several large-scale preview screenings to create a positive buzz for this film. As a result, the film had over 1 million viewers well beyond our expectation.
Posters and Trailer
To promote this film to young generation, we collaborated with famous singer and made music video together.
I suggested the singer and song for this collaboration and supervised making music video with film trailer editors.
For viral marketing, we held the special public screening event inviting parents and their children together to position this film as a family movie.
I created the event, managed the whole process of screening and uploaded this video on SNS as an online viral marketing.